De Soto Fire Chief
The City of De Soto is seeking a service-minded individual with vision and energy to be the City’s full-time Fire Chief. The successful candidate must have effective interpersonal skills, a desire to be a part of a strong team, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace, and be willing to help enhance the organization for the good of the residents. Salary range is $49,000 to $72,000 annually. The City has a benefits package including health, dental, vision and life insurance – LAGERS (Local government retirement system), and 14 paid holidays.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Current Missouri Division of Fire Safety (MDFS) rating of Fire Fighter I and
- Current MDFS rating for hazardous materials awareness and operations
- Completion of Incident Command System and National Incident Management System courses, including basic and operational courses identified as ICS-100 and ICS-700.
- Completion of Fire Officer I course or its
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Completion of Fire Instructor I course or its
- Minimum of five (5) years full-time or eight (8) years consecutive part-time firefighter experience, with at least three (3) consecutive years’ experience in a management/leadership capacity beyond first line supervision within a fire service organization.
- Valid Missouri driver’s license, free of criminal convictions (felony or misdemeanor) and a driving record [from the current date and five (5) consecutive years] that is consistent with the safe operation of motor vehicles as is required of fire service personnel.
- Completion of two (2) or more upper-level National Incident Management System
- Membership in one (1) or more professional organizations directly related to fire science, firefighting, or fire administration.
- A demonstrated record of continuing advancement in knowledge and skills through a consistent record of continuing education courses in firefighting or fire science technology.
- Completion of an associate degree or higher in fire science, fire administration or directly related field from an accredited post-secondary educational institution.
Presently employed City personnel may apply directly to Todd Melkus, City Manager. All qualified applicants must complete a City of De Soto Employment Application, which can be obtained at www.desotomo.com/forms-applications/ or from De Soto City Hall, 17 Boyd Street, De Soto, MO 63020 Completed applications may be submitted in person or to Ann Houska, City Clerk at email@example.com(email is preferred). Mailing address: City of De Soto, 17 Boyd Stret, De Soto, MO 63020. Deadline May 19, 2023.
Communications Officer- Dispatcher
The City of De Soto is now accepting applications for a fulltime dispatcher. Shifts may include days, evenings, weekends, holidays, etc. Minimum qualifications: U. S. Citizen, 21 years of age, H.S. Diploma or G.E.D., possess a valid Missouri Operator’s License. Pre-employment requires a physical exam, drug screen
and background history investigation. Desired skills: computer experience, working knowledge of Windows, functional typing skills. Police background, knowledge of MULES is helpful but not
required. Salary: $15.86 per hr. Applications are available at the De Soto City Hall, 17 Boyd St., De Soto, MO. 63020 and will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications must be returned to Ann Houska, City Clerk. The City of De Soto is an equal opportunity employer
City of De Soto Police Department
The De Soto Police Department is accepting applications for the position of full-time Police Officer. The salary range for this position is $43,000 – $54,038 plus educational bonus. Benefits and all uniforms and equipment provided. Interested applicants can download an application from http://www.desotomo.com or pick one up at City Hall. The City of De Soto is an equal opportunity employer. Must have Missouri POST Class A License- at least 21 years of age-HS Graduate or G.E.D.
Please download an application and submit it in person to Ann Houska, City Clerk, 17 Boyd Street, De Soto MO 63020.The City of De Soto is an equal opportunity employer.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
The City of DeSoto Water/Sewer Department is seeking applications for a full time Maintenance Worker. High School diploma, GED, or other certificate of competency; experience in manual work and proven record of dependability. Requires Missouri CDL Driver’s License or must obtain within six (6) months. The work includes general maintenance and repair work, operation of power tools and light-duty equipment, operation of trucks and heavy-duty equipment, reading water meters, checking meters for leaks, and turning meters on and off. Applications are available at City Hall, 17 Boyd Street, De Soto, MO., between 8:00 A.M., and 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. Applications can also be found online at desotomo.com. Submit applications to City Hall. De Soto is an Equal Opportunity Employer.