Skip to content
- Submit required information to the Building Inspector on the Building Permit Application Form
- The City reserves the right to request a survey of the property
- A preliminary inspection of the property must be made by the Building Inspector
- Building plans must be approved prior to permit issuance and commencement of construction
- Once the preliminary inspection has been made and the plans have been approved the permit may be issued. This usually takes one to three days.
- Upon approval, the building permit application must be posted on site
- Prior to any excavation, the applicant should contact DIG RITE at 1-800-344-7483 for all utility locates.
- The following inspection will be made: site, footing, framing, rough electric, rough plumbing, and final. An additional fee of $56.28 per inspection will be charged after the first six inspections are made for residential and/or commercial construction.
- No structure may be occupied or used for any purpose until the Building Inspector has issued a final inspection/occupancy permit. Any building in a flood plain will require a Flood proof Certificate and Elevation Certification filed with permit application