Job Opening Part-time Support Clerk
Characteristics of the Class
Under the general supervision of the City Manager performs a wide variety of secretarial and clerical duties in connection with the operation of the City. (City Clerk’s office). Tasks include filing, typing, sorting, mailing, record keeping, and operating office machines and equipment. Work is reviewed through observation of results obtained. Special operational skills and knowledge is acquired by on-the-job training. Performs other work as requested.
Examples of Duties
1. Assists the City Clerk in typing documents, agendas, meeting minutes and other tasks as required.
2. Obtains documents, files, and background information for the City Clerk; maintains records and files as appropriate.
3. Schedules appointments, and arranges meetings for the City Clerk/City Manager
4. Assists the City Clerk in the Risk Management duties.
5. Attends Council meetings, committee meetings and performs other similar activities as necessary.
Training and Experience
Experience in business or related field; supplemented with considerable experience involving increasingly responsible work involving general office management, business and financial skills or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
A. Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and mathematics.
Knowledge of modern office procedures and practices.
Knowledge of the functions, operations, and activities of City government..
Ability to transcribe, but not required.
Ability to work effectively and courteously with the public and other employees.
Ability to follow complex written and oral directions.
Ability to operate a variety of modern office machines and equipment.
Ability to carryout a variety of clerical procedures as well as compose effective and accurate correspondence, reports, and similar materials.
Skill in typing with accuracy and speed.
Maintain confidentially relating to City matters/records.