Pay Class 113
Characteristics of the Class
Under the supervision of the Office Manager and Municipal Judge where appropriate, performs varied clerical and specialized work involving preparation of proceedings for Municipal Court. Also performs other general office skills. Work requires accuracy, initiative, and some independent judgement. Work involves typing, filing, maintenance of records, handling of monies, dealing with the public including court defendants, the Police Department, and court personnel. Work is reviewed through observation, inspection, and accomplishments while in process or upon completion. Performs other work as requested.
Examples of Duties
1. Prepares docket for traffic, trial and complaint court.
2. Notifies witnesses, officers, and persons involved in court cases to make sure all are informed and that information is complete before court is held.
3. Send out recommendations at the direction of the City Prosecutor.
4. Responds to inquiries from attorneys, the public, police officers, and court personnel.
5. Collects fines, and processes paper work as necessary.
6. Maintains court records and files as appropriate; assists with citizen information requests at the counter and on the telephone.
7. Performs general clerical work such as typing, filing, and telephone answering.
8. Assists the Utility Billing Coordinator to collect customer payments and other related duties pertaining to utility accounts.
9. Assists the Finance Clerk as necessary.
10. Works closely with the City Manager’s Office.
11. Works with the office of the Assistant City Manager/Director of Public Safety.
12. Assists in other areas as necessary.
A. Training and Experience
High school diploma, vocational training, GED, or other certificate of competency; experience in public contact work, or work in a closely related field; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
B. Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
Knowledge of the operation and procedures of the Municipal Court system.
Knowledge of State Statutes & Supreme Court Rulings as they relate to Municipal Court.
Knowledge of modern office equipment, methods, and practices.
Ability to communicate clearly, orally, and in writing.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Skill in dealing tactfully with the public.
Skill in the use of a variety of office machines and equipment.