Rules and Regulations
A reservation calendar is maintained at De Soto City Hall. You may call City Hall at 586-3326 or stop in City Hall at 17 Boyd Street to make your reservation. City Hall is open Monday through Friday from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. (Except for Holidays). The reservation form must be completed and returned to City Hall. Use of the facilities is for the time specified above. Click here check the calendar for available dates.
If for any reason you decide not to use the pavilion or need to change the date, PLEASE notify City Hall so that the facility would then be available for use of others.
If rental is for the Center Pavilion, a key to the restroom facilities will be provided upon request. The key must be returned before your deposit will be refunded. If there is damage to the restroom facilities, additional charges may be incurred.
NO ALCHOLIC BEVERAGES IN ANY CITY PARKS.
- Leave the premises free of garbage and trash.
- A $25.00 deposit is required. If there is no damage to the pavilion and the area is left clean, you may pick up your deposit at City Hall the next business day.
- If the deposit is not picked up within 30 days after the reservation the deposit will be donated to the City’s Parks Department and your deposit will not be refunded.
USE OF GAZEBO
PRIDE and the De Soto Rotary Club (the sponsors and builders) are pleased that you find the gazebo a suitable and attractive location for your event. In order to keep it in good shape for future use, the following guidelines should be followed:
- Please leave the gazebo like you found it. (It should be clean with the exception of sweeping the floor, but if you find it littered or otherwise unsuitable upon first arriving, please notify City Hall.)
- If streamers, crepe paper, banners, and/or posters are used, use a clear tape (not duck tape) or household staples.
- Please do not use nails or a staple gun. (These larger staples will leave obvious holes in the woodwork.) Remove all decorations, tape, and staples after use.
- Please pick up all litter and any residue on the floor and surrounding ground, such as artificial rose petals.
- The lights on the inside and outside of the gazebo are on a solar cell and will automatically come on at dusk. There is no switch.
- Be careful not to damage to the surrounding lawn, especially if wet. If damaged with chair legs, etc. please try to repair.
- Electrical outlets are located at the north, east, and south sides of the gazebo and will accommodate up to 60 total amps.
- Upon paying a deposit, a notification of the date of the reservation will be posted outside the gazebo. If someone happens to claim use at your reservation time and will not vacate, please refer him or her to the official notice. If a problem persists, notify the Police Department.
The user(s) hereby agree to abide by the following Park Board’s rules and regulations. Additionally, the user(s) agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the City of De Soto, its officers, agents, volunteers, and employees from and against all claims, damages, losses, and expenses, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, court costs, or other alternative dispute resolution costs arising out of, resulting from, or otherwise occurring from the use of City facilities and infrastructure as a result of the use of the facility under this Agreement.
A reservation calendar is maintained at De Soto City Hall. You may call City Hall at 586-3326 or stop in City Hall at 17 Boyd Street to make your reservation. City Hall is open Monday through Friday from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. (Except for Holidays). The reservation form must be completed and returned to City Hall. Use of the facilities is for the time specified above.